Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Gift Baskets - Using Items You Already Have

We recently found out that a good friend of ours has breast cancer.
She was going to go in to have the lumps removed and have a double mastectomy.
She's a small business owner, a mom, a wife....overall a busy lady!
I love her dearly and hate to see her family going through this.

I know how hard this has been on her and her family,
so I wanted to try and do something to make her day a little brighter.

So I put together this gift basket.

I'm sure you've seen the cost of buying pre-made gift baskets...they are super pricey.
And sometimes buying the items that you'd like to put into a basket can be pretty expensive too.

So I decided to see what items I might already have that would go good in a basket. 


A lot of these are deals that I found for either free or really cheap with coupons:
- Softsoap Bodywash ($0.50)
- Oatmeal bath packets (3 for $0.75)
-Monopoly card game (free)
-Colgate toothpaste (free)
-Sleepytime tea ($2)

The other items, I picked up at garage sales...and were in like new condition:
-Starbucks coffee mug ($1)
- Max Lucado Book ($0.50)
-Basket ($1)
-Avon anti-bacterial lotion ($0.25)

along with some tissue paper I already had, this basket came together nicely!


My total cost for this basket was $6.00


I delivered it to her, and she loved it.
There are a good mix of items to use while at the hospital
and after she gets home.
 
It's important to remember that when giving a gift
cost doesn't matter
the thought and love that go into a present
that's what matters!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Please take a second to say a prayer for my sweet friend.
 
Have a wonderful week.


2 comments:

  1. You are so very right that it's not about the cost, but about how much you care. And the fact that you took the time to think about her, and put something so nice together just for her. Sending prayers for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you towards the Write-up. Your articles looked like there was helpful. We now have guide noticeable your blog for your likely write-up. Flowers Romania

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...