Thursday, June 14, 2012

Organizing in a Small Kitchen

Overall, I like my kitchen. Since we moved in 5 years ago - we've painted cabinets, installed new countertops, and replaced the appliances. But, we still really lack on space. Food storage is a problem for me. I'm not a naturally organized person - so by the end of the week, my cabinet ends up looking like this:



These two cabinets are the only space for food. I do keep the kids cereal in the lower cabinets for easy access for them. And I have a small pantry in the basement, but for on hand storage - these two cabinets are it. 

I see all over the place the new cool storage ideas - I love the OXO Good Grips  storage containers, but they are out of my budget. So, I decided to come up with my own storage containers - I needed to find something that would keep the food fresh and would be budget friendly. Ends up, I already had some great storage pieces right in my refrigerator! 


I love this idea - because it was cheap! Just cleaning out old jars!


I even have a few old peanut butter and jelly jars that I'm using too - I've been saving everything!

After a bit of organization, here's my cabinets now: 



It's not a huge improvement, I know - but at least I have more room for groceries this week! I can't wait to find more jars - I'd love to store my almonds in there, and the black beans too. 

I'm going to be working over the next several weeks to reorganize my kitchen, I'd love to hear any tips or tricks that you could share!

Like my labels? They are chalkboard labels from Bright Star Kids. I am completely in love with them and am always finding new uses for them! 

Thanks for stopping by! Become a follower through Linky Followers, GFC, Twitter or Pinterest! 

I'm linking up to: 









No comments:

Post a Comment