Thursday, May 16, 2013

My First Sewing Project - Camping Carry-All

For a very long time, I've wanted to learn how to sew.
I even bought a sewing machine. But it has sat unused for over a year now.

I think I built it up in my head that sewing would be hard. 
To be honest, I didn't even try. 
I think when I first got my sewing machine that I looked around a bit online, but never did anything.
I do know for sure that I pinned a TON of projects on Pinterest

Earlier this week, I went to visit my Grandma and brought my sewing machine with me. 
After less then a half hour of explanation, I was sewing!

That really was not as hard....or even hard at all. 
I really need to push myself to try more. And not be so scared to try new things. 

Although, I will admit that I thought my first project would be much bigger. I love aprons and have always wanted to make one, which is actually why I bought this sewing machine in the first place.
I soon found out that starting small is the way to go. 

Here's what I made...


My family does alot of camping and in our small camper, we don't have  bathroom - so morning walks to the restrooms are required.
This handy carry all holds everything that I'll need!


I love this project because it's simple and something I needed.
And, I kind of think it's cute too.

I'm going to make one for each of us...my only tip is to not use dollar store towels like I did. 
It kept getting snagged in my machine.

The lesson here...is to remember
I CAN DO HARD THINGS....
(and sometimes they really aren't all that hard.)

Thanks for stopping by. 

I found this idea on Etsy from Perfect Darlings.
You can buy one from her directly by clicking here

I'm out of town this weekend for a mini road trip - so excited!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linking up to:



No comments:

Post a Comment