Friday, February 27, 2015

Goodwill Finds {New shoes, Books and More!}

I had a day off today so decided to meet up with my new friend Jessica at the Goodwill (she runs a super cute consignment store out of her home! Find her on Facebook - Fresh Style.) Between the two of us we had kids that spent the night with grandparents and others there were in school - so we had a kid-free day out! {How rare is that?!}
 
Jessica found a ton of cute shirts and a few jackets to add to her boutique - along with a few toys and books for the kids.
 
We ended up being at the Goodwill for 3 hours - just in one store - but they were having some good deals! All the books, DVDs, CDs and VHS tapes were half off (most were only marked $0.99 to begin with!) so we both spent time looking through all of the books. My oldest son Ashton just got his first CD player not too long ago, so I found a couple of CDs for him - Jason Castro and High School Musical. I also got a book for each kid and they were happy as pie when I picked them up from school!
 
I found myself a few shirts at first, but after trying everything on, I only brought one home. It's just a plain black shirt ($3.59) - nothing much to brag about and I also got Ashton a pair of Air Jordan basketball shorts ($3). I also found a pair of New Balance sneakers for me! I have {really} big feet so I normally can never find shoes second hand - and they were just $6 too!
 
Here are the few things that I was pretty excited about....
 
 
First if the yellow bowl from Z Gallerie ($1)- I love this bowl for some fruit in the middle of the table or a serving dish for dinner. You might even find it pictured right here with some soup in the future!
 
I love the wavy wooden bowl! Such a beautiful design! I can see some dainty appetizers being served in it...and for $1, I couldn't pass it up.
 
Next was the book "Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey. I haven't heard anything about this book, but I think Steve Harvey is a riot, so {again} for one dollar, it went straight into my cart!
 
Lastly is the Casting Crowns CD - anyone else still listen to Cd's? I have seriously never downloaded a song in my life. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even know how or what to do with it. I still like buying and listening to Cd's. I know this will be a good one!
 
That's it for me - what goodies have you found recently?
-Sam
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment