Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Football Cookies - The Lazy Cookie Decorator

I love decorated cookies.

One of my favorite blogs is The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle. That woman has got some talent.

Several years ago, my hubby signed me up for a Wilton decorating class for my birthday. Loved it. Learned skills on how to make frosting, fill a bag, which tips to use, and some other basic decorating skills.

The problem?

Even if you know how to use the tips and have those skills....you still have to have some sort of artistic ability.

That's where I fall short. 

I see these fabulous cookies in my head and they never turn out the way I saw them. 

So, I've come to the understanding that my cookies are not going to be mini works of art, and I'm alright with that., for the most part.  

This past Saturday was the first Husker football game and we were invited to our first football party of the year. And, of course, I wanted to bring football cookies. 

So I made the dough, rolled it out, cut the cookies, baked them, let them cool and then started on my mini pieces of art.

Err....maybe not.

Again. What I saw in my head was something like this....


And this is what I actually did....


I determined that I just don't have the patience for pretty cookies. 

When I took them to our friends house, everyone "Ooo'ed" and "Aww'ed" at them and said how pretty and fancy they were, but I still felt bad of what could have been. 

Oh-well...there are plenty of football games coming up for me to practice! Right?

Any tips for a Lazy Cookie Decorator like me? Would love to hear them!



Wanna see more?? Click here to see more of Cooks and Creates!
Thanks for stopping by!
Make sure and become a GFC, Linky, or Twitter follower! 

I'm linking up to: 



3 comments:

  1. Your cookies look wonderful! I am not a cookie decorator at all! I try, but I fail everytime. I think these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_10_archive.html

    ReplyDelete