Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oatmeal Container Crafts

Yesterday, I'm kind of milling around - getting the kitchen cabinets reorganized and realized that we have a empty oatmeal container sitting in there. (That annoys me to no end!!) So I'm starting to throw it in the recycle bin when I start to wonder what I could do/make from it. I looked around online for awhile to try to get ideas of what to do with it and really couldn't find too much that I was really crazy about, which was strange. I did find these cool projects:


I love this idea from Curbly! I have a massive amount of ribbon that I would love to organize better.



I also like this idea from Martha Stewart - to change it into a holder or gift bag of sorts. But, I really don't have anything presents I need to give at the moment.


I also thought of using for the boys to use as a time capsule - or in place of a shoebox to store memories, they could decorate the box and put ticket stubs in it, whatever they wanted to. To use it as a Valentines Day box for school would be cool too. You could easily turn it into a robot.

Do you have any projects that you've done with old oatmeal containers? Share them in the comments!

I'll post soon what we decided to do with our old oatmeal container!

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment