Friday, November 2, 2012

Kids Recycling Craft - Cereal Box Postcards

I love this craft for a couple of reasons...

  1. It helps with writing skills and vocabulary
  2. It shows my kids that there are other ways to comminuate with our friends and family other then text, email or phone
  3. It's recycling
  4. It's a fun family activitiy that doesn't last too long
  5. It's cheap - we used boxes we already had
I found this great idea at Infarrantly Creative - check them out, they have a lot of great recycling crafts. 

Here's how we did it:


Start with a couple of used cereal boxes - or any kind of box



I happen to have a large paper cutter, but a sharp pair of scissors would work just fine too. You'll want to cut them into 4x6 inch pieces. 



We're ready to draw some lines!



I used a sharpie and a ruler to make the address lines and then gave them instructions to only draw on the left side. 



They loved this! Ashton wrote to his grandma and both of his aunts. 



I gave Colton some crayons and he loved it too. He wrote letters to his grandma and two of his playmates. 



This kept them occupied for about 30 minutes. For an 8 and 3 year old boy, I'd say that's doing pretty good! 

I know my grandma will love getting a letter from the boys, so hopefully it'll brighten her day!


What crafts to do with your boys that actually keep them entertained? I'd love to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment