Monday, June 17, 2013

Blueberry-Orange Muffins with Coconut Oil

I have only recently discovered the many uses of Coconut Oil. 
I bought it to use as a weekly conditioner for my hair.
(love it!!!)
Today, I decided to try it out in some muffins. 


Here's how you make these great muffins
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 to 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
the juice of half an orange
orange zest


Combine all your dry ingredients and mix well.
In another bowl combine egg, milk, oil orange juice and zest.
This will take extra mixing! Mix until very well blended.
Add wet ingredients to your dry.


Mix until moistened.
The batter will be thick....very thick.
I had to take it out by hand and roll into balls to place into the muffin try. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes


The result was a moist, yummy muffin!
You'll also get the health benefits from the blueberries and the coconut oil - this is all around a great muffin! 
My kids gobbled them right up!

Enjoy!

Blueberry Orange Muffins with Coconut Oil

Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. These sound amazing, hope you don't mind me pinning to try later!
    I've come over from the Let Them Eat Cake linky party :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin away! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Sam

      Delete


  2. low carb snacks three-egg omelet with shredded chicken and spinach is a very filling meal that will keep you in the fat burning zone. I prefer to stay low-carb for a whole shift. I’ve found that keeping my carb intake low gives me more stable energy levels while I am on duty. When counting carbs, ignore fiber. Fiber is certainly lumped in as a carbohydrate nonetheless it is safe to consume as much fibers as you wish. Starches and sugar will be the carbohydrates you wish to limit.
    http://www.cureidea.com/keto-snacks-list

    ReplyDelete