Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It's Back to School Time....What do I do now?

This will be my first year to have both kids in school.
Ashton is starting fourth grade and Colton will be preschool.

I'm torn in what I think about all of this.
I'm sad about it.
I'm happy for them, because they are both excited about school

I think the reason I'm sad is that I'm really a little scared.
I've been a stay-at-home mom for over 9 1/2 years.

Nine and a half years.

That is a long time.
Now, it's like I'm expected to all of a sudden go out and get a full time job and manage the house and the kids and do all the other stuff I do throughout the week.

Don't get me wrong - I know there are plenty of moms who work more then full time and do it all.
I just don't feel like I can be that person.
I don't think I would do a very good job at being a mom.

It all just seems very over-whelming to me
and caught up to me quickly.

How did Colton get to be old enough for Preschool?
That baffles me.

In reality, Colton is going half days, and will be home at noon...so the freedom will be short lived anyways.
I've thought about joining a gym or going back to school and finding a little part time job in the mornings.

I don't know.

I'm feel blank.

Any one else been there? Are you in this place now?
I'd love to hear another mothers thoughts.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment