Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Whole Body Says "Ouch!"

Last week, I ran my first 5K.
This weekend, I ran my first 10K.

Crazy, I know.

I managed to finish the race in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Now I know that 15 minute miles are nothing to brag about
but I was still pretty happy about it

At home getting ready to leave
 
The whole race was a jog/walk for me.
I'm really not much of a runner, so jogging suited me just fine
 

 
The hubby and I ran the race together.
He actually ran the whole thing.
Two years ago, he finished in 50 minutes and was so happy
This year he didn't train and finished in 1:09
I think for a man in his 40's with no training - that's pretty good.
 
Before the race started
 
I felt pretty good during the race.
I would run/jog until it hurt, then stop and walk
 
I even felt good after the race.
I did some errands with my Grandma afterwards
and was doing pretty good

Here we are after we finished!
 
Today.....I am SSSSSSOOOOOO sore.
Surprisingly, it's my rib cage that hurts the most.
 
And I'm meeting with a personal trainer for the first time today also.
Yikes.
 
Anyways, I'm super proud of myself for doing this
The more I do things like this, the more I realize that I can do all kinds of hard stuff..
and sometimes that aren't as hard as I thought they would be.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment