Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My First 5K - and I finished!

I finished my first 5K!!

I hate to say it but I came in dead last.
Literally the last person to walk across the finish line.
And so far behind everyone else that the only person cheering me across the line was my hubby and nine year old son that ran the race and finished WAY before I did.
 
But I don't care.
 
 
I'm pretty sure I didn't even run/walk/jog a 14 minute mile....I didn't even look at my time.
 
I was just happy that I did it!
 
 
Here we all are before the race.
 
 
This is a picture I quickly snapped with my phone when Ashton and Chris passed me.
 
 
And here we are afterwards....everyone was feeling awesome!
 
I'm really proud of Ashton...for 9 years old, he finished his first 5K with a time of 41:13!
Not being a runner at all, I'm not sure if that's fast or slow...
but who cares!
He's 9 and he loved it.
 
We might have a runner on our hands!
 
Are you a runner? I'd love any tips for a newbie!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment